Finance Pty Ltd ACN 119 503 221
Who are we?
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Wisr Finance Pty Ltd ACN 119 503 221
commitment to protect your privacy
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected it for or as allowed under the law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and any other relevant law.
Collection of Personal information
When we refer to personal information we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you.
The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Contact details (e.g. your name, email address, phone number)
- Information required for you to create a Wisr App Account (as defined in the Wisr App’s Product Disclosure statement (“PDS”)) with us or otherwise do business with us including bank account details, and any other relevant financial information;
- Statistical information regarding the use of the App, our websites, including website users’ IP addresses and the dates and times of visits; and
- Information regarding purchases that you make using your Tap and Go Account (as defined in the PDS) linked to your Wisr App Account.
How do we collect your personal information?
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from third parties such as your financial institution with your authorisation. If we receive information about you from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that we have collected personal information about you and the circumstances of the collection.
We usually collect personal information when:
- You submit information through our websites or the App, such as when you register a Wisr App Account, retrieve log-in information, or request a new password;
- You submit an application form for a product or service provided by us;
- submit information through information collection pages on our websites;
- You register for subscriptions to mail outs (including via email), newsletters, updates, or other related information/publications through our websites or the App;
- We provide you with services;
- You use our websites or the App, in which case our system may automatically collect information relating to your visit to our websites or the App, such as your IP address;
- You contact us via our websites, the App, email, or phone with queries or issues or request that we, our content providers, or associates contact you;
- You make purchases using your Tap and Go Account linked to your Wisr App Account; or
- You participate in our promotions.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfill the applicable purpose of collection such as to provide you with the services of the App.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information for the purposes of:
- supplying products or services to our customers;
- obtaining products and services from our suppliers;
- responding to queries about our products or services from existing or prospective customers;
- improving the products and services that we supply to you;
- carrying out processes associated with the services we provide, including identity verification, fraud screening, electronic funds transfers and account monitoring;
- enforcing agreements between you and us;
- complying with regulatory requirements;
- providing information to, and respond to queries from shareholders or suppliers;
- managing our relationship with you; and
- direct marketing.
From time to time we may offer you other products and services.
Do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to associated businesses that may want to market products to you;
- where we are authorised to do so by law;
- organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us;
- to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business; or
- Services providers that are involved in providing our products and services to you. This includes independent contractors and consultants, off-site security storage providers, and providers of electronic funds transfer or direct debit services, account monitoring account aggregation and identity verification services. You agree that we may provide your personal information to these service providers to use in connection with the supply of services to you and that they may provide us with your personal information to enable us to provide services to you.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
(a) the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment, or
(b) you have consented to us making the disclosure.
Disclosure and storage of information outside the jurisdiction of collection
We may disclose your personal information to overseas entities that provide support functions to us, including but not limited to USA, Canada, India, Ireland, the United Kingdom or the Philippines. You may obtain more information about these entities by contacting us.
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you.
The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside Australia.
How safe and secure is your personal information that we hold?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may store your personal information in paper and electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at Suite 33, Level 8, 58 Pitt St, Sydney, NSW 2000. If the direct marketing is by email you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
Links to other websites
Updating your personal information
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we may ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us. We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate or complete.
Access and correction to your personal information
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time. We may charge a fee for our costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Depending on the type of request that you make we may respond to your request immediately, otherwise we usually respond to you within seven days of receiving your request. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or if your request is vexatious.
An explanation will be provided to you, if we deny you access to the personal information we hold about you.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date you may correct this through the App or request that we correct the information. If appropriate we will correct the personal information at the time of the request, otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal information within 30 days.
If we refuse to correct personal or credit information we will provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information.
Using government identifiers
If we collect government identifiers, such as your tax file number, we do not use or disclose this information other than authorised by law. We will never use a government identifier as your account or transaction reference number.
Business without identifying you
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about the App or current promotional offers.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act, you may contact our complaints officer on 1300 992 007.
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We will provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days.
If you are dissatisfied with the response of our complaints officer you may make a complaint to our External Dispute Resolution Scheme, Credit and Investments Ombudsman Ltd (CIO) which can be contacted on 1800 138 422 or +61 2 9273 8400, by fax on +61 2 9273 8440, or in writing to Reply Paid 252 SYDNEY SOUTH NSW 1234 or the Privacy Commissioner which can be contacted on either www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal or credit information by contacting us.
We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up to date with market expectations. Technology is constantly changing, as is the law and market place practices.